· AC-Wire with battery backup: Powered by home’s electricity in order to provide continuous protection. An included 9V battery protects during short-term power outages.
· Front-Loading Battery: Speeds up replacement by eliminating the need to remove the unit from the ceiling or wall.
· Unique Battery Door Design: Will not close if battery is not installed properly.
· Voice Warning: Supplements warning from the traditional 85-decibel alarm by clearly stating the danger present, fire or carbon monoxide.
· Photoelectric smoke sensor: May detect visible fire particles associated with slow smoldering fires sooner than an ionization sensor.
· Electrochemical CO sensor: Provides accurate and continual CO protection during the product’s life, remains stable during temperature and humidity changes and resists reactions to household gases that may cause false readings or reduce sensitivity.
· Tamper Resistant: Unit will lock to mounting bracket and battery door will lock to deter theft or tampering.
· Green LED: Will flash every 30 seconds to indicate proper operation.
· Red LED: Flashes in conjunction with the alarm sounding.
· End of Life Signal: Seven years after initial power, the unit will “chirp” twice every 30 seconds to indicate the need to immediately replace the alarm.
· Low Battery Signal: Will chirp every minute and red LED will flash to indicate low battery condition.
· Interconnect able: Will interconnect with up to 24 other devices (18 of which can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms.